Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tell Me How You Say Good Night | Author Interview

Leave a Comment

About Book :

Title: Tell Me How You Say Good Night
Author: Teddy O'Malley, Angie Dickens
ISBN: 148416220X
About: In this picture book six little puppies aren't quite ready to go to sleep. They put off their bedtime by asking for things such as being tucked in. They want to know how to say "Good night" in every language. This picture book has adorable puppies on every page.

From the back cover: With visually stimulating photos of puppies you can help your child say "Good night" in four languages. Tell Me How You Say Good Night is the perfect book for bedtime. Parents and children can enjoy this story and learn together as they say "Good night" to each little puppy.
Amazon Link


Author Interview :



Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written.

My name is Teddy O'Malley. I'm a writer and a part time nurse assistant. When I'm not assisting the elderly, I'm writing for children. Aside from writing, I enjoy studying foreign languages. I have written two books and one eBook for kids.

What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

  
My latest book is Tell Me How You Say Good Night. It was inspired by the six puppies I raised. I took a lot of pictures and became very attached to the puppies. The book just sort of fell into place. I had been wanting to write a book like this for a while. The puppies made it happen!

Do you have any unusual writing habits?

I have to have a drink at my desk whenever I'm writing. I can't play music while I'm writing unless it goes with the mood of the story or it interrupts my flow.

What authors, or books have influenced you?

Janet Evanovich is my hero. She is an author I can read over and over again. I feel like her books have influenced my writing style a lot. She was my first favorite author and I just really adore her.

What are you working on now?

I'm working on the sequel to Destiny And Faith Go To Twincentric Academy (my first book) and I am also planning a sequel for Tell Me How You Say Good Night with more adorable puppies!

What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books?

My best method for promoting my book has been talking about it. I carry a lunchbox with pictures of Destiny and Faith on all sides of it. The lunchbox has been a great conversation starter, and it has helped me sell quite a few books.

Do you have any advice for new authors?

My advice to new authors is to never give up on your dream. A lot of my childhood I heard "you can't do this" and "you can't do that". It's not true. If you put your mind to it you can do anything. You just need to believe in yourself. Keep writing. Share it with your friends. They will be a huge support to you, and they won't forget you when you're famous.

  
What is the best advice you have ever heard?

Learn the rules, then break them!

What are you reading now?

I'm reading One For The Money. I haven't read it in five years, so I don't remember most of the book. It is just as funny as I remember it being the first time around!

What’s next for you as a writer?

A local shop AJ's Fashion & Beauty Supplies has agreed to carry my books so I guess you can say I'm on the road to getting known! We're also planning to have a Meet The Author party in the near future. That should be fun!

What is your favorite book of all time?

Holes. I love how the author twists together two different stories to make one great story. Louis Sachar is very talented.

Author Websites and Profiles
My website
My facebook
My twitter
My Amazon authorpage



0 comments:

Post a Comment